Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review of Sim City Societies (PC game)

Hi all,

As promised I will write more about Sim City Societies after playing it.

I am surprised to find out that I can play for hours (unlike Sim City 3000 - 1 hour limited duration). After playing for many hours, I realised that it is a demo game because I can only build up to 100 buildings. But nevermind, I can play for hours (about four hours, depending how fast you play) to build that many buildings.

The rules of the game is relatively similar to previous versions of Sim City. Only now you can zoom in much more (to see the citizens in the city and also click on them) and Sim City Societies has more buildings such as work places (bank etc.), entertainment and shopping venues. There are also 6 societal values which you can play about to create characteristics for your city - prosperity, productivity, spirituality, creativity, authority, and knowledge. You can focus on all or any of the societal values for your city.

You may love or hate this game depending how you see or play it. If you have the time, you may like to try downloading the demo game (the link is in my previous blog post).

P.S. After downloading Sim City Societies, I would recommend that you play the tutorial to familiarise yourself with the game. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment