Friday, July 2, 2010

Exercise by travelling

Hi all,

I want to share this "travel" tip with you.

To save money and to keep fit, I travel on my legs from the Train station to my home. It's about 10 - 15 minutes walk.

I found a calculator online that calculates the calories burned in 10 minutes. (source: http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc2.htm)

It takes note of the minutes I spent walking, my weight and my pace. I burned about 20 Calories. Note 22 calories = 1/2 Cup strawberries

1 mile is about 1.6km. And if you want to know eg: how far is the Train station to your home, you may visit www.onemap.sg. This is a really good website of Singapore map. I strongly recommend it! It takes some time to get used to it. But it's very useful, you can zoom in to see the bus numbers at the bus stops.

Exercise today by travelling to keep fit!!

P.S. And guess how much I save from walking? According to SBS website, it states for me about 70 cents for travelling one bus stop. Imagine how much I can save every week (eg: 5 days) = $3.50. Over 4 weeks, you can save $14!! Great?!

No comments:

Post a Comment