Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Taipei Ximending!

Hi all,

I wanted to blog about my experience in Ximending this holiday (29 Jul to 2 Aug 2010).


******Added this particular line in 2015:
Future Star Hotel's new website:
http://tomorrow-hotel.com.tw ******

I stayed in this hotel - Future Star Hotel (http://www.futurestarhotel.com.tw/). The Chinese name is 明日大饭店 (Ming Ri Da Fan Dian). The hotel has relatively cheap rates. I took the room that costs NT$1180 per night (about S$51). It is located in Ximending which gives you an advantage if you like night shopping and supper! Ximending is a popular place for teenagers and young adults to hang out! There are also a couple of cinemas for you to catch a movie. Street performances are plentiful!

I like food so I am going to blog about food! My favourite food in Ximending is Mee Suan ("mian xian"). The shop that sells Mee Suan is Ah Zhong Mian Xian! It is very famous for its Mian Xian. I heard of the place even before going to Taiwan!

It is slightly different from the usual Mee Suan because the dish has pig intestines instead of oysters! But to my surprise, it tastes the same as the usual dish. For those who don't eat pig intestines, just simply eat the Mee Suan, it is nice! I did that. Remember to add the vinegar, garlic sauce and chilli (proportion up to your sweet creation). The taste is heavenly after mixing!

I posted some photos here for your viewing. =)



3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I like to check how do you book the hotel. Call them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi happypooh, =)

    I will be more than happy to answer your question.

    To book the room(s) in the hotel, please call them 2 months in advance of your stay. Call the hotel again 3 days before your stay to double confirm. The phone number is (02)2375-5500 or (02)2375-5229.

    You may view the rooms at the hotel:
    http://www.futurestarhotel.com.tw/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=63791

    Please feel free to post any further questions. I will be glad to answer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie, can I check with u whether there's any way to reach them (ming ri fan dian) other than calling as I do not want to incur any roaming charges. Can I email or just directly book their room via the internet? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete