Saturday, August 21, 2010

Breakfast at Wild Honey!

Dear all,

I had a great breakfast with 3 of my friends at Wild Honey in Mandarin Gallery 3 days ago. This is the first time I visited the place. It sells different countries' styles of breakfasts all day (9am to 10.30pm on weekdays, 8am to 10.30pm on weekends). It does not let you make reservations. So if you are going, I suggest you go on a weekday morning. We went there about 12.30pm in the afternoon.

Mandarin gallery is across the road from Hereens. It is easily accessible by train or bus. For train, alight at Somerset MRT Station and then walk out towards Orchard MRT Station direction. For bus, I took 174 and alight when I see Hereens, then I cross the road. Wild Honey is located at Level 3 of Mandarin Gallery.

Wild Honey has a cosy ambience and a comfortable lighting. It feels like an European or English home setting to me. In my opinion, simply lovely!

We ordered 4 main dishes, 1 side order (something like Potato wedges) and 3 drinks. The bill is about $120. Each main dish ranges from $18 to $20+. The main dishes that we ordered are Basque Breakfast, Mexican Breakfast, Tunisian Breakfast and Sweet Morning. I am going to try and describe each of the 4 dishes in my own way.

Basque Breakfast (My choice): The dish has scrambled eggs, sweet onions, ham and 2 slides of bread.
My Review - I love this dish a lot but I would say the ham tastes kind of raw. I supposed this is the way it is supposed to be. But I recommend that you eat it in small portion.

I took a picture.



Mexican Breakfast (My friend's choice): Burrito filled with scrambled eggs, potatoes, beans, salsa. They are three sauces for you to dip it with.
My review - This is a great choice if you love burrito. For sauce lovers (like myself), the sauces are not bad.

I took a picture.



Tunisian Breakfast (My friend's choice): This dish has sliced sausages in some kind of savoury tomato sauce. The sauce is a little sour and sweet at the same time. There are 2 sunny side eggs in the dish.
My review - If you are a tomato lover, this is a superb choice.

My friend took a picture of it.



Sweet Morning (My friend's choice): This dish has french toasts stuffed with a sweet filling. I had a small bite. The filling tastes like mango. There are 3 sauces you can dip it with. But it tastes fine without any dips.
My review - If you like sweet stuff, this might work for you. But if you are a heavy eater, this might not be the top choice to fill your stomach.

My friend took a picture of it.



Overall, eating at Wild Honey is a nice experience. Even though it is a little pricey, it is worth-while to go there once or twice. Go and have fun with your friends. It is a good place to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment