Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nolboo Hangari Galbi Korean Restaurant (Singapore)

Dear all, =)

I went to Nolboo Hangari Galbi at Orchard Central (in town) today with two good friends. We like Korean food so we decide to satisfy our cravings. I researched online yesterday for nice korean restaurants in town. I came across comments on a forum that recommend this korean restaurant, Nolboo Hangari Galbi. Hence, we decide to give it a try.

The store ambience is simple, not too bad (but not great either). The waitress that served us was not quite sincere. We asked her questions and she answered in a half-hearted manner.

Anyway, here is my review on the korean food we had:

1. Korean Drinks
- Aloe Vera Drink: Very normal. Not worth ordering for the price.
- Rice Water Drink: My friend loves it. But not everyone will love it.
- Rice Milk Drink: Not what I had in mind. It tastes a little like cereal drink.

2. Porridge & Korean Side Dishes
- Porridge: We were served a tiny bowl of porridge each (before our main dishes came). I think it is quite sweet of the restaurant. The porridge is really light on the tastebuds, which is great for me.
- Korean Side Dishes: 7 side dishes. Lots of vegetables which help to keep my appetite going.

3. Main Dishes
- Cold Buckwheat Noodle: The noodle is astonishingly chewy. The taste is not bad.
- BBQ Pork Belly: The pork is rather juicy. Not too bad.
- Kimchi Hotpot: The ingredients are kimchi, tofu, straw mushroom, pork, leek, dumpling. The taste is rather average. Not too spicy.

To conclude, I give it 3.5/5.0. I tried better-tasting korean food elsewhere (at Bukit Timah).

I took some pictures below. Hope you all love it.








No comments:

Post a Comment