Friday, September 24, 2010

Olio Cafe & Coffee Club at Marina Square!

Hi all, =)

If you were wondering what Western restaurants or cafes are available at Marina Square, you may be interested in the following.

I went to have dinner at Olio Cafe at Marina Square with my bf just now.

The cafe ambience is relatively up-class I would say. However, when I looked at the menu, the prices are not as expensive as I thought (Slightly above average; Main courses are in the range of $12 - $20). The photos of the food look appetizing, so we decided to have our meal there.

I took a few pictures (posted below).




Here is my review of the meal:

Persian masala chicken - In my opinion, the meal may not be enough for a guy. The chicken tastes rather average.

Black pepper lot burger - It has a beef patty so I couldn't eat it. I stopped eating beef since I was about 12. But my bf's review was that the burger was average. The beef patty was rather dry. The fries were really nice (crispy), but eat them while they are still hot (if not, they will turn a little hard).

Overall, it was a fairly average meal. I give it 3/5.

Next, I was craving for Tiramisu Cake since yesterday. Hence, we explored cafes in Marina Square. We went to Starbucks, Secret Recipes to check out if they serve Tiramisu. Nope, they don't serve it. Then we thought of checking out Coffee Club.

To my delight, Coffee Club serves Tiramisu Cake (called Tiramisu Trip). I find the atmosphere (in the atrium) really relaxing. Hence, we went in to take a seat.

Here are the photos I took (posted below).






To my surprise, Coffee club's menu has a huge variety of choices. And there are a number of unique dishes and drinks.

Here is my personal review:

Mocha Tropicana - Mocha with a rather heavy fruity aftertaste.

Banana Butterscotch Latte - It made the coffee rather smooth to drink, less bitter for those who are not a coffee drinker. 2 or 3 dry slices of banana are placed on top of the latte. Not a bad combination, but I would still prefer the original latte (since I enjoy a little bitterness).

Tiramisu Trip - Not as good as I had expected. It might be due to not enough alcohol in the tiramisu.

Muddy Mud Pie - Coffee ice cream stacked on top of chocolate ice cream, on a layer of chocolate crust. Chocolate syrup was all over the Mud pie. Overall it tastes good. I especially like the chocolate crust.

Overall, I give our meal 4/5. Not a bad place to hang out and chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment