Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dear all, :)

On the last weekend of November, I went to Swensen's for lunch with a friend. =)

This is my first visit since several years ago. Reason? Found the food and ice cream rather average. But I believe in positive change thus, I've decided to reopen my senses and mind to trial.

Since it is the Christmas season, Swensen's whipped up a Christmas dine-in menu:

6 Main Courses
(Ranges between $8.90 to $22.90):

- Hearty Soup (A vegetable broth with chicken bites)
- Turkey and Chicken Ham Salad
- Grilled Turkey Breast (See my review below)
- Roasted NZ Ribeye
- Baked Barramundi with Mustard Cream
- Fried Dutch Milk Fed Veal Cutlet

12 Sundaes of Christmas
(Innovative Christmas-themed names, ranges between $8.90 to $10.90):
Off the top of my mind..
- Gingerbread House
- Merri-Mint Macaron

I ordered a Grilled Turkey Breast main course ($16.90). This happens to be my first Christmas-inspired meal.


My Review (Overall, 3/5):
1) Grilled Turkey Breast - Not too tough and dry. Tastes like chicken to me. Comes with a chicken gravy which is slightly oily and really average.
2) Glazed Chestnut - Sugary sweet with a tinge of cinnamon. Great for lifting up the Christmas spirit!
3) Mashed Potato - Love the shape. Average-tasting.
4) Vegetables - Consists of carrots, cucumbers, baby tomatoes and something that tastes abit like potatoes. I find the vegetables oily.
5) Cranberry Sauce - It does a good job in adding flavour to the grilled turkey breast.

Christmas is a time for joy and laughters! So why not start by sharing a lovely meal with your loved ones? Let them know how much you treasure their company and warmth! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment