Friday, March 4, 2011

Watami - Japanese Casual Dining Restaurant

Hi everyone,

I MUST blog about this Japanese restaurant. What I love about the restaurant? The great service, the variety of food & beverage choices, and the warm and relaxing dining experience! And not forgetting - the prices are so reasonable!

To date, I have recommended the restaurant to more than 10 people. It has 4 branches in Singapore - Clarke Quay The Central, Orchard Ion, Raffles City, Bishan Junction 8. I personally patronised the first 3 outlets, 7 times in total!

You can look at the online menu - http://www.watami.com.sg/menus/grand-menu/

I have tried several dishes myself. Just to name my 2 hot favourites:

1) Tonkotsu Kimchi Nabe



But I changed the soup base to Sukiyaki (soy sauce base) instead of Tonkotsu Kimchi (pork bones + kimchi base). If you do not feel like having a spicy meal for the day, feel free to ask the friendly staff to change it for you.

They will give you a raw egg with the hot pot. I would recommend that you beat the egg into the soup so that it would not be too salty for some. Don't get me wrong! I love the soup base. And I love the thinly sliced pork. I love to play with my food, especially when it comes to Shabu-shabu. So if I were you, I would remove all the raw sliced pork from the hot pot and slide each slice on the surface of the soup for about 10 seconds when I am ready to eat the pork.

Oh, you can choose to order either pasta or udon at an extra cost. I prefer to eat rice with the hot pot though.

2) Tompeiyaki (Omelette with sliced pork and cabbage)

Oh!! I love this dish! Don't you just love the combination of egg, sliced pork and cabbage? So Yummy and nutritious! You can have protein, fiber, vitamins from eating the dish. I always order a bowl of rice to go with it - Carbohydrates to fill my stomach.

To conclude, you must really go down and try! A good hang-out place for gatherings and celebrations! So many choices of appetizers, main courses, side dishes, drinks and desserts. And they do have a few choices of sushi for those who love sushi like I do. Trust me, you will be spoiled for choice! =)

P.S. Sorry, I only took a photo of the hot pot. I will post more photos when I get the chance to visit the restaurant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment