Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lunch at Tsuru Tsuru Tei

Hi everyone,

I had lunch at a Japanese restaurant at Clarke Quay, The Central about 3 weeks ago.

The name of the Jap restaurant is Tsuru Tsuru Tei. It is located at level 3.

This restaurant serves meat from the black pig. Apparently, the price for black pig meat is premium. I heard it is due to the heavenly-balanced tenderness, juiciness and flavour of the meat.

I tried the following dishes:

1. Ramen Shabu Shabu
Although the meat is from black pig, it tastes average. The ramen is also average. Nothing really special about this. Except having fun cooking my own food and dipping in the 3 sauces - sesame sauce, sweet sauce (sort of), spicy sauce. And the soup (original pork soup) was above average, not too oily.

2. Tonkatsu Ramen
The meat is from black pig. But this time, it is fried. I must say the meat tastes much better than the Shabu Shabu one. It is really tender, juicy and flavourful. It has a slight sour taste. Perhaps the way it is cooked (fried) or cut (thicker than shabu shabu) makes a difference. (Or it might be from a different part of the black pig. I must ask the service crew if I visit there again.)

3. Milk Pudding
It makes me feel like I am in heaven. The liquid caramel floating on top of the milk pudding is an ultimate boost to the taste. If you love desserts, you got to try this!

Overall, I rate this place 4.0/5.0.

Here are some pictures I took.





2 comments:

  1. heys shu min! how much did u spend there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Xiao Hui,

    I vaguely remember the total bill to be slightly above $60. =)

    ReplyDelete