Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lunch at Heaven's Loft (Orchard Central)

Hi, =)

I had a great lunch with my friends at Heaven's Loft last Saturday. It was an advanced celebration for two of my good friends' birthdays! When my friend suggested the venue, I was really excited. I always wanted to patronise the store. I was captivated by the exterior and interior designs of Heaven's Loft. I love the "gates" as well as how spacious the store is. I also love the hints of creativity throughout the store. There is this giant drawing at the back end. There are in-store television screens that promote their food and ambience. There are even screens on the ceiling! Not sure if they serve their purposes. (My friends didn't even notice them until I pointed it out.)

A little background on Heaven's Loft. It claims to serve American and French cuisines.

These are the main courses we ordered:
1) Fish & Chips
2) Grilled Sausages
3) Seafood Angel Hair

I will make a review on my choice - Seafood Angel Hair. I had this sore throat so I was not in a mood to eat any fried or grilled food.

Seafood Angel Hair comprises of Tempura prawns, Mussels and Scallop(s) in Marinara sauce. Angel Hair is a type of pasta. It is also known as Capelli d'angelo. The pasta is well-cooked. Not too sticky. I personally feel that the marinara sauce here was made a little too thick for the Angel Hair. But generally, I still like the taste.

The prawns are fried so I handed them to my companions. I absolutely love to eat scallops. I vaguely remember having only one scallop in my dish. There is nothing extraordinary about the mussels and scallop, except that they are fresh enough. There is a crunching sound when I bit on the scallop. A little disappointed. It is critical to wash scallops carefully because of the sand.

Overall, I shall give this dish a rating of 3.5/5.0.

There are some useful knowledge about the right mix of pasta and sauce. You may like to refer to this website: http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/pastas/matching-pasta-and-sauce.asp

And for those who are interested in Heaven's Loft, this is the website: http://www.heavensloft.com/
The food menu with prices is available online. Click on "Dining" at the top.








No comments:

Post a Comment