Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Vegetarian Meal at Hwa Jin Vegetarian Family Restaurant

Dear fans,

Daddy, Mummy and I had a splendid dinner at Hwa Jin Vegetarian Family Restaurant, located in Bukit Gombak. We have been here a couple of times.
The exact location: 359 Bukit Batok ST 31 #01-393 Singapore 650359.

I love to be a Vegetarian once in a while. It makes my mind, soul and tummy feel better. At least psychologically. =)

Interior: The size is roughly a third of a coffeeshop. Casual, cosy and comfortable environment. Well-ventilated.

Price: So reasonable. On average, about $5 per dish.

Food: In general, I see a lot of efforts, be it appearance or taste. Overall, I would give them 4/5.

Here are some photos for your kind viewing:

Impressive Signboard, isn't it? It reminds me of a Martial Arts School.

1. Hokkein Mee - This is my favourite dish. Never fail to order it. It is a must-try for all. The vegetable stock-like gravy is superb. It brings up the flavour of the entire dish. 4.5/5

2. Fish in Sweet Vinegar Sauce - The fish is made up of Tofu Skin I think. I love the mouthfeel of this dish. It is thick enough for me to bite into. As the name suggests, you get the taste of sweetness and sourness from the sauce. The sauce is rather well-balanced. 3.5/5

3. Sweet Potato Leaves - I love this dish. It has this slightly burnt note. Wolfberries are added, which is an excellent complement in my opinion. I remember this dish used to contain Vegetarian Prawns. Apparently, the store has removed them. Oh well, the dish is still worth 3.5/5.

4.1 Fish in Sweet and Sour Sauce - The fish is coated with a layer of flour and send to fry. It doesn't taste oily due to the charm of the sauce. Well-balanced sweet and sour sauce. Don't worry, this dish is not spicy (if you worry about the chilies in the picture). 4/5

4.2 "Shi Jie Ming Pian" - I am not sure how the name is derived. But my Mum mentioned that this is a common name for the dish. Abalone Mushrooms are flour-coated and fried. They are simply mouth-watering. Because of the layer of flour, their moisture is retained and it gives you that crispness. Again, this is bathed in sweet and sour sauce. My favourite sauce! 4/5

4.3 Oyster Omelette ("Hao Jian") - Boy! Oyster Omelette is one of my favourite indulgences! This dish is not always available so I was lucky. The Chef uses mushroom instead of oysters but it still tastes good. Plenty of eggs used. Probably because of the comment that my Mum made when deciding whether to order (she said, "too much flour and so little eggs"). If it is so, the restaurant puts a lot of efforts in satisfying its customers. 3.5/5

I saw this poster containing some inspiring phrases and thought
I should share this.

Let me translate to English:

After saying, you do not listen.
After listening, you do not understand.
You do not understand but you do not ask.
After asking, you do not do.
After doing, you make mistakes.
You make mistakes, but you do not admit.
You admit but you do not change.
You change but you are reluctant.
You are reluctant but you do not say.

Well, I hope the above information is useful. Please share your comments if you have any. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment