Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chinese-styled Linguine

Hi everyone,

I wanted to cook some Pasta. But I want to try something special. Not the usual tomato or cream sauce. So I tried to cook linguine in a Chinese style.



I boiled some water, added some garlic salt and carrot into the boiling water for the taste. Then I placed the linguine into the boiling water to cook.

When it was done, I placed the linguine into a plate. Added some Sesame oil, light sauce and pepper.

I also tried something new instead of the usual meatballs. I laid pumpkin onto the meat that I marinated (with Oyster sauce, Sesame oil, sugar, pepper, Cornflour). Then I steamed it for about 15 to 20 minutes.

I love pumpkins. They taste sweet and are packed with goodness! They contain Antioxidants, Fiber, Vitamins A, C, K, E and Minerals like Iron, Potassium, Magnesium. (Source: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/pumpkin.htm)

Anyway, my outcome of the steamed pumpkin-meat combination was, I prefer tasting them separately. But I might try another method of cooking the combination next time. Perhaps diced pumpkins and stir-fry meat. =)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Happy Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy chinese new year to you too! Please feel free to share your recipe(s).

    ReplyDelete